Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I am so uber excited!
"Why?" You might ask.  Well, for two reasons.

#1:  I've never written a blog before (so stand by while I work out the kinks).  I decided I needed a way to document my journey through holistic medicine, and although I have my Anora Delivers Wellness page on facebook, I thought a blog would be a better place to document my journey.  (...and now I have a personal website, too...www.youngliving.org/anoradensmore.)

#2: I am beginning a weight-loss program tomorrow.  I know that sounds like something most people would NOT be excited about, but I truly am, simply because I have read all about these products and have come to trust the company from which they come.

How I Started in Holistic Medicine

I've been a little into holistic medicine for quite a few years now; pretty much since living and giving birth in Germany (literally in Germany, not on a military installation) where they are extremely holistic.  I didn't really get into it any more (or any less) when we moved to Oklahoma except for Chiropractic care.  We were so happy with the results of Dr. Aaron Wines at Active Chiropractic Health and Wellness, that we paid for our entire family to visit at our own expense because (even though it would have saved them money in the long run) our insurance would not authorize chiropractic care.  I did become a distributor for Melaleuca while I lived there, and I do love all of their products, but it never really picked up as a business. Since moving to Alaska, I have been researching and learning more.  At first it was just local edible and medicinal plants, but then I "got into" herbs and making my own teas, tonics, tinctures, etc.

I was so intrigued by all of the research I had been doing that I started thinking about going back to school for a degree in holistic medicine.  THEN... I overheard a couple friends talking about Young Living Essential Oils.  Fast forward a couple weeks, a presentation about oils, and many hours of personal research later: I AM HOOKED!!!

A Quick Testimony

My son (who I struggled to put on meds to begin with) has been off of ADHD meds and I, myself have been off of antidepressants for over 6 weeks and I am happy to say that we are both doing great!!!  I am also seeing great improvements in the mood of my pre-teen daughter, my knees (on which I was on the verge of having surgery again), both kids' sleeping patterns, the amount of illnesses and allergies in our home, and have even used oils on my senior cat, but I'll go into those things in more detail later.

...And Now My Weight Issue


We moved to Alaska 16 months ago.  Since then, I have gained almost 30 pounds.  That's right...30 POUNDS!  Why?  Well, I hear everyone gains a little weight when they move up here.  It's definitely not because I eat bad.  I probably could use to exercise more, but even during the summer while working long hours in the garden I didn't lose any weight.  I am 37-years-old, have given birth to two children, and for my entire life have never struggled with my weight in until now.

The night before Easter I was literally in tears over my weight.  Last Easter I had to buy a new dress because I had already gained so much weight since moving here.  I don't wear dresses very often so I tried on my Easter dress to make sure everything was good for Easter morning and I couldn't get it zipped.  That was it...I couldn't take it anymore!


Well, my husband left last week and will be gone for about two months on military orders, so I decided I AM going to do something about my weight while he's gone so I can be a healthier, happier mother and wife!!!

...AND SO BEGINS MY JOURNEY...

No comments:

Post a Comment